tisdag 9 augusti 2011

Shine your Light over your life

Photo: Sofie Johansson




Today I had a lovely day together with my dear childhood friend Amanda. It really felt like the good old days when we started singing gospel-jazz in different harmonies and played loudly on my piano.
Playing music really makes me forget time and space. I just love to close my eyes and let the tunes stream out of my mouth, like nothing else mattered, existed.


Amanda shared some new songs she'd written with me. Music in different styles, clever and gorgeous lyrics, but above all - melodies that really blew me away. amazing. 
She's about to buy recording equipment, to eventually create a myspace, or such. I'll keep you updated on that. 



When talking about music I'd also like to high light Bon Iver's records -  Bon Iver and For Emma, forever ago. Not just because my name is Emma of course, (even though I have to admit that I sometimes wish it all was written for me) 
If you haven't yet listened to it, hurry hurry up. you won't regret it.
            A link directly to love


Ever since I came home from Tjörn two weeks ago, I have practically been sitting by the piano all my waking hours. As I mentioned before I loose track of time. I guess I'm afraid that I'll loose it if I don't keep it up.
Anyway I finished a new song this week. It's about faith, How important it is to trust in yourself and you own talent. You shouldn't compare what you do with others if it brings you down. You are unique, and you should be proud of that.
Shine your light.



The grass isn't greener on the other side
That's an illusion
Your neighbour isn't better than you 
That's you own imagination
If you have a hope
Keep on trusting
If you have a dream
Set it free

Shine you light over your life

A man is an island
That's the expression 
Your boots were made for walking
You are your own inspiration
You are stronger than you think
So don't give up the fight
Your the captain of your ship so
Stir it up

Shine your light over your life.










 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar